Equality and Diversity Objectives 2021-23
|Equality objective||Equality objective||Equality objective||Equality objective|
|To monitor assessment data at regular intervals to ensure that children are not being disadvantaged by belonging to a protected group||– Careful tracking of attainment and progress for pupils within “Protected Characteristics”.groups to access the school’s provision and ensure that the curriculum is inclusive |
-Ensure reasonable adjustments are in place for these children.
-Where appropriate, work with outside agencies to achieve the best progress for our children.
-SENCo and EAL lead support teachers in effective strategy development for individuals or groups.
|-Children identified as needing additional support make progress that is in line with, or better than their peers.|
-Children can fully access the curriculum.
|To continue to promote understanding and respect for diversity within the school and school community.||To continue to promote understanding and respect for diversity within the school and – Ensure all staff are aware of our responsibility with regards to the equality act through effective training|
– Ensure our school curriculum promotes tolerance of all groups.
-Ensure the school curriculum embeds understanding of coop values.
– To continue with our block teaching of RE and British Values each term.
– To facilitate the introduction to, and understanding of, other religions and cultures by our children.
– To continue the implementation of our new PSHCE curriculum across the school.
-To draw on the wealth of diversity within the local community to support pupils tolerance and understanding.
|-Children are aware of a range of religions and cultures.|
– The children celebrate diversity and are tolerant to other religions, cultures and groups of people within society.
-The children acknowledge and understand the advantages of living in a culturally diverse community and celebrate this.
|Rigorously eliminate any discrimination and promote the equality of opportunity for pupils with SEND||-Learning Passports are used effectively and consistently for all SEND pupils.|
– The curriculum is designed and delivered in a way that is inclusive of SEND pupils and supports their needs.
– Support staff are deployed effectively and the impact on SEND pupils’ learning is evidenced effectively and the impact on SEND pupils’ learning is evidenced
|-SEND pupils make as much progress as their peers.|
– small steps of progress are monitored and lead to effective teaching and learning.
-Pupils access the same curriculum as their peers with effective adaptations and scaffolds to support their learning