Don’t hesitate to give us a call, we're here to help and support you on:
Co-op Academy Brownhill
Please get in touch with Mrs Browne, Mrs Fletcher or Mrs Hague in our main office. They’ll make sure you get through to who can help you best.
Please let us know if your child will be absent.
- Option 1 to report your child absent
Please make sure to report any safeguarding concern as soon as possible.
Ask at our main office. Just let the office staff know that it’s regarding a safeguarding concern.
Call our safeguarding team
- Child Protection Officer – Joanna Summers
- Head of School and Lead Child Protection Officer – Beverley Blanchfield
Call the Leeds City Children’s Social Work Services
0113 222 4403 (Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm).
If you think a child is in immediate danger, please call 999
More advice: Leeds City Council – Report a Child Protection Concern.
Pop in or call to make an appointment with our Special Education Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo), Miss Kennedy.
If you would like to contact our Governing Body please bring a letter to Main Reception marked ‘Confidential for Governors’ along with your contact details.
Or post a letter marked ‘To contact the Governing Body, please write to ‘FAO Chair of Governors, Co-op Academy Brownhill, Torre Drive, Leeds, LS9 7DH’
This will then be passed on to the Governing Body who will get in contact with you.
Any complaint or concern should be raised via the Chair of Governors, this is clearly outlined in our Complaints Policy. The contact for our Governing Body is:
FAO Chair of Governors, Co-op Academy Brownhill, Torre Drive, Leeds, LS9 7DH
If you’d still like to contact the Co-op Academies Trust, you can:
Write to the Central Team at X99 Co-op Academies, 8th Floor, 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. (Please mark all envelopes with X99 to ensure it reaches the Trust.)
Call 0161 692 4309 (Mon-Friday 9am-5pm)
Contact the school office to request paper copies of the information from the website.
If you wish to make a complaint, you should do so in accordance with our Trust Complaints Policy
The procedure allows parents, carers or anyone else to raise a concern or complaint relating to the academy or Co-op Academies Trust.
The procedure is divided into three stages:
- Stage One (The Informal Stage) you should speak to a staff member in the academy to see if they can resolve the issue.
- Stage Two (The Formal Stage) is the point at which you should put the complaint in writing to the Headteacher or another senior member of staff. Where the complaint is against the Headteacher, you should write to the Chair of Governors at our school address. Address the letter or email to ‘Chair of Governors’.
- Stage Three (Formal Resolution) is the final stage. It involves a hearing before a panel including governors and an independent person who will review the complaint in its entirety.